Monday, September 15, 2008

Digging through Dog Dirt

We had a great, relaxing weekend hanging out at home and basically doing nothing...until yesterday. When we got home from church Lucy had barfed all over the dining room. Ewww. She continued to throw up Sunday evening & this morning at 5am (the worst wake up call ever), so we took her to the vet.
The poor dog got x-rays that revealed a metal mystery item in her stomach, so she then got her stomach pumped. Apparently, our dog is weird, 'cause instead of the mystery item coming up like it's supposed to, it moved on down to her intestines (it's always ominous when the vet says, "I've never seen that happen before"). By the time John picked her up at 4:30, the item had traveled to her colon, so now we're...waiting expectantly (?) for the big reveal.
I'll be sure to post numerous pictures when I finish digging for the treasure, or maybe not.
Here she is sleeping on John's feet instead...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

OH!! Saaaaaaad times! I am so sorry for Lucy and her difficulties. Let me know when you find it...Reminds me of the time I swolled my sister's locket...

Jana said...

I think I swallowed a mystery item, too. Could you help me out! I will keep Lucy, and you and John, in my prayers!

Megan said...

Poor Lulu!! Poor K & J!! What a mess!

Jennifer said...

PLEASE post pictures of the item. I cannot wait to know what it is!

YAHOO MOM said...

Dear katie, Has Lucy decided to reveal her treasure yet? Were you all able to get some rest last night? Did you see Amy's new car? She is so proud of it! I don't work til tomorrow. Dad in Memphis, Matt works at 1 and dogs are enjoying the cooler weather. We love you so have a better week. M

Katie said...

Guys, I know this will bring some serious disappointment, but we have now dug through 3 piles of poo & haven't seen anything but some string & pieces of a dish towel...thus, we may never know what the mystery item was. Very sad.

BTW - Sorry Jennifer, looks like you will remain the only one with poo pics on your blog!