Saturday, September 20, 2008
Deep Thoughts (not by Jack Handey)
My brain's been busy the past couple days & for some reason I feel the need to share some of my processing.
Yesterday afternoon a friend at school was stumbling over her words & made the comment, "Some day I'll learn to talk!" My immediate response was, "Someday I'll learn not to talk!" That phase summed up my day yesterday. From saying the wrong thing completely, to blurting out sarcastic comments before engaging my brain, I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. I felt really annoyed with myself by the end of the day, & was kinda beating myself up about it when I realized that wasn't the best option. So, I whined to God for a while & was reminded of this verse: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. -James 1:19
Another verse that came to mind was: Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. -1 Peter 3:3-4
So today (which included last night 'cause I don't think I slept at all due to my brain being on overdrive & John having an allergic reaction - he's fine BTW) I was just tired & mellow feeling. I had a training for school & was about to show some coworkers a picture of my yard when I saw a picture on my cell phone I didn't recognize. It was a picture of 2 of my students reading, & I deduced from the angle that the picture was taken from under my desk. Since I was not under my desk, (I was sitting on the other side of my desk reading aloud to the kids) I realized that one of my kids had climbed under my desk, taken my phone out of my purse, & taken a picture with it.
Ouch...shock...disbelief...wonder...anger...frustration...sadness. I mean, on one hand I was pretty impressed, on the other seriously disappointed. I know kids are kids & they make bad choices (like we all do) but for some reason this really hurt my feelings! Luckily I was stuck in an 8 hour training, so I had plenty of time to process it all. I thought through all the emotions I was feeling, & figured out a game plan. Once I made it to that point I actually had a fun afternoon!
I have to say, I work with some really fun people! Who would have thought we would enjoy working on a Saturday? I'm pretty sure we had more fun than the other groups by laughing A LOT, winning the jeopardy game (by winning, I mean losing) and making plans for some cool happenings around our school. I'm really glad I'm a part of such a fun staff! Lastly, I'd like to give Laura a shout out for making the biggest mess with markers & coming up with the best T-shirt idea EVER.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Katie,
My fabulous friend! I have so much to say in this tiny little comment box.
1. I too had so much fun with ya'll today! I agree - our campus is the very best group there and I am so super blessed that I am apart of our campus.
2. I love that verse! I have it posted on my mirror
3. I am so sorry about the picture. I know God will give you the grace to handle the situation in the appropriate manner.
4.Thanks for the shout out!
5. RESPECT the Weeds.
Is it strange that I'm a little jealous about your Saturday in-service?
I like Deep Thoughts by Kt. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Post a Comment