1. A change of pace - I get to escape the daily grind of school and schedules & enjoy staying up late, being spontaneous, traveling, and being just plain lazy!
2. Time with my hubby - No matter how crazy the year is, summer's when we get to hang out TOGETHER almost all day, every day. I love it!
3. Fun non-work clothes - flip flops, shorts, tank tops, bright colors...
4. Time for hobbies - Things haven't completely slowed down yet this year, but we have had time to get out in the yard and redo the massive flowerbed in the backyard. As my Aunt Betty (a master gardener) says , "There's just something about getting your hands in the dirt." No matter how much I sweat out there, it still brings a feeling of peace and satisfaction. As it heats up, I'll probably be switching my focus to scrapbooking. However, I'm in no hurry, seeing as how I'm only about 8 years behind...5. Friends and Family - Summer always seems to be the season to reconnect. This year it has come in the form of me climbing out of my cave of grad school, internship duties, and work commitments, & reintroducing myself to family & friends: Hi guys, I'd like you to meet Normal Katie (as opposed to Crazy Lady-stressed out Katie).
6. Refocus - Living in the academic world, this is the end of my calendar year. So now is when I typically reflect on the past year, set goals, process, etc. Ahhh, having time to think is good.
3 comments:
Love the blog, Katie!! Glad you're enjoying writing. Keep it up! BTW, I like how you made your's have spiritual stuff on it...thanks a bunch for making mine look all heathen.
I love the summer for many of the reasons you've mentioned...perhaps I'll post a top five "reasons I love summer" list! :c)
Ha ha! You know that's why I included God stuff - to make you feel bad. No way! You know your blog is awesome - you're the one who got me into this mess!
Oh Katie...no use in trying to make me feel better. I'm already having to dust off my Bible and see if I can pick out a verse to slap into my blog. (Just kidding!!--my Bible is not dusty and I'm still not putting a verse in my blog.)
Post a Comment