Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Warning:This one's mushy.

So, I haven't posted anything 'real' lately & I guess it's because it's been so crazy. This has been a hard year & the past month has been the culmination of all the stress I've been feeling. The day after tomorrow is the science TAKS & I'm praying for my kiddos to do their best & not get freaked out. I really feel like they are going to do GREAT & I know they are ready for it, so if you think of us on Thursday, please say a quick prayer! On a more positive note, stressful times also make me realize how very blessed I am. I have an amazing husband who takes care of me, helps me, listens to me, loves me, and even does 'emergency' laundry loads of socks & undies when needed. In fact he's on the way home now with my P.F. Chang's to go (he doesn't even eat chinese food). Thanks, Baby! I also have a loving family that is so incredibly supportive. My Dad comes over once a month & takes me to dinner so we can enjoy some daddy/daughter time. My sister, Amy, & I talk more now than ever (except maybe when we were little & I followed her around 24/7). My brother, Matt & I hang out when we can & relate through texting, but hey - it works! My mom is always there - no matter what. It's pretty awesome to know that if I needed anything, she'd be there at the drop of a hat. Plus she loves me unconditionally, like only mommies can. Finally, I've got amazing friends. Friends who stock my freezer with Ben & Jerry's while I'm driving home after a hard day (thanks, MD!) Friends who will listen to me whine, cry, or just be silly for hours on end. Friends who encourage me & support me through it all. (Cue Michael W. Smith.) So, I guess this is turning into one big, cheesy, "I love you, Man!" speech, but hey, it's true. XXXOOO!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love you Katie Moran!!!!
Your smart kids (and you) are going to kick some TAKS booty because you are an AWESOME teacher!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Your kids will do great! You are an awesome teacher, I had so much fun just sitting in you class the other day watching the kids. They were all so involved in the conversation and proving their answers. I even learned some science in your class!

Megan said...

I love you and I'm so glad that TAKS is almost over...you're almost there...and everything is going to be fine!

I'm saying some TAKS prayers for your kiddos and some PEACE prayers for you.

Love you, sister!!

Stefanie said...

I will definitely say a prayer for your kids! I'm glad you are so happy. How would we make it through life without good friends? You are blessed to have such a wonderful man!

You are a wonderful teacher...your kids will do great!

Jana said...

Sometimes it's good to sit down and write about the things we are thankful for. I know you are ready for this week to be over and I know your kids will do their best because they want you to be proud of them. Hang in there are enjoy letting John pamper you!