At first I thought, "That's weird. Usually they try to at least make it look pretty", but a second later as I turned it around, I saw what I was meant to see: a smile. It's a small thing, but it made my morning. Plus it makes a great point for what God's been teaching me lately.
At the first of the year I decided to be more intentional about looking for/recognizing God's work in my life. Specifically the gifts He gives daily (from the simplest, to the most extravagant). His gifts are so easy to miss sometimes & I think by missing them I am really missing out on so many blessings He is pouring out on me each day. God has used this to change my focus & my attitude, & that is yet another thing I am thankful for!
On a related note, church was awesome this morning. First, I learned about an amazing ministry I didn't even know we had: The Methodist Mission Home. Then we were blessed with an awesome sermon on 1 Corinthians 13. You'll have to check it out on the church website once John gets it posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment