Sunday, November 2, 2008

Impatient

Yesterday was a mellow day. I worked in my classroom for a while, ran a couple errands & then decided to hang out at Borders while John was finishing up stuff at church. I ended up reading 114 pages of The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins before John finished working around 6:30. At that point I had to buy the book because I was already addicted (plus I felt like a thief for reading it before I bought it anyway!)
As I neared the end around 3 this morning I kept thinking, 'How is she going to resolve all these issues here - I'm running out of book!?! Here's how she resolved them(this is actually what is written on the last page): End of Book 1. Book 1?!?!?!? You gotta be kidding me! So, apparently there is going to be a trilogy. Normally this would be good news, but the stinkin' book left so much unresolved I kept waking up the rest of the night pondering all the loose ends. Even worse, I looked it up this morning & the sequel is due out Sept/Oct 2009. Boo.
So yeah, I recommend the book, but I also recommend (if you're as impatient as I am) waiting a couple years so you don't get left hanging.

1 comment:

Dori said...

Funny, you even told me that the book was Book 1, and it sucked me in so completely that I was still shocked when I got to the last page.